Although you can find Woodhouse Spas all over the US, there isn’t anything “franchise-y” about the Woodhouse Day Spa in Denver.
It’s set inside a beautiful, three-story historic mansion that was originally built for Senator Merritt in 1886, but has now been cleverly and creatively converted into a unique day spa.
I received my treatment in one of the mansion’s 10 bedrooms, which made it peaceful and relaxing. The whole atmosphere within the spa was quiet and serene.
I was obviously not the only one impressed with the spa. Denver Magazine listed it among the Top 25 spas in Colorado, and it has also been awarded Best Spa by Top of the Rockies and Citysearch. ABC Denver’s Channel 7 rated it as Best Spa on its A List, and 5280 Magazine gave it the Top of the Town award.
As this is an historic mansion, the spa owners can’t do very much to change the size or proportions of the building. There is no space, for example, for a sauna or a steam room. But the way they’ve used the space they have is amazing, and I feel the spa has been perfectly set up within the constraints of the building.
There are massage rooms inside the bedrooms, as well as manicure and pedicure stations and a relaxing lounge room where you can enjoy teas and treats. The front porch has comfy lounge chairs where you can sit and relax on a hot day.
Massage and Body Treatments
I chose The Woodhouse Escape. This is a package of several treatments, including a bamboo body scrub, a volcanic stone massage, a neck and shoulder massage done with wild lime oil, and a reflexology foot massage to complete the treatment.
The treatments were complete bliss from head to toe. The bamboo scrub was thorough but didn’t hurt, and I loved the subtle scent of the lime oil, which also softened my skin nicely.
Both massages were high caliber, and really did the trick. I barely moved during my treatment, which is always a good sign of success. I felt very relaxed afterwards. The reflexology was such a great way to finish the treatment, and I thought the entire package was very well rounded.
Before arriving for my treatment, I received texts confirming my appointment, and a couple of days afterwards had a very nice call from the spa to see if I had been happy with my experience at the spa. This level of service is impressive.
On the day of my appointment, I was greeted with a glass of champagne as soon as I walked through the door. Everyone was warm and friendly, yet extremely professional.
My therapist was wonderful. I asked a lot of questions at the beginning of the treatment and she was quick to answer them. She knew a lot about the history of the building, as well as the ingredients used in the different treatments. I found it easy to relax with her.
This is a wonderful spa set in an amazing space. The levels of service I received from spa staff and my therapists were excellent, and the unique location makes for a very special and relaxing experience. I will definitely be back.
- Indoor massage and treatment rooms
- Manicure and pedicure stations
- Relaxing font porch with lounge chairs
- Pre-natal treatments
- Spa cuisine
$$$$ – Luxury
Woodhouse Day Spa
941 E. 17th Avenue
Denver, CO 80218
There are 40 other Woodhouse Spas in addition to the Denver one.
- Austin – http://austin.woodhousespas.com
- Belton – http://belton.woodhousespas.com
- Boerne – http://boerne.woodhousespas.com
- Corpus Christi – http://corpuschristi.woodhousespas.com
- Houston – http://tanglewood.woodhousespas.com
- Lubbock – http://lubbock.woodhousespas.com
- Midland – http://midland.woodhousespas.com
- Plano – http://plano.woodhousespas.com
- San Antonio – http://lacanteraresort.woodhousespas.com, http://sanantonioquarry.woodhousespas.com, http://sanantoniorim.woodhousespas.com
- Sugarland – http://sugarland.woodhousespas.com
- Victoria – http://victoria.woodhousespas.com, http://victoriamain.woodhousespas.com
- Baton Rouge – http://batonrouge.woodhousespas.com
- New Orleans – http://neworleans.woodhousespas.com
- Slidell – http://slidell.woodhousespas.com
- Carmel – http://carmel.woodhousespas.com
- Fishers – http://fishers.woodhousespas.com
- Fort Wayne – http://fortwayne.woodhousespas.com
- Zionsville – http://zionsville.woodhousespas.com
- Castle Pines – http://castlepines.woodhousespas.com
- Streets At SouthGlenn – http://southglenn.woodhousespas.com
- Charleston – http://charleston.woodhousespas.com
- Cincinnati – http://cincinnati.woodhousespas.com
- Columbus – http://columbus.woodhousespas.com
- Dayton – http://dayton.woodhousespas.com
- Detroit – http://detroit.woodhousespas.com
- Harlow’s at Greenville – http://harlows.woodhousespas.com
- Kingston – http://kingston.woodhousespas.com
- Montclair – http://montclair.woodhousespas.com
- Red Bank – http://redbank.woodhousespas.com
- Summit – http://summit.woodhousespas.com
- Mukwonago – http://mukwonago.woodhousespas.com
- Rochester – http://naples.woodhousespas.com
- Somerset – http://somerset.woodhousespas.com
SPA HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday: 9:00am – 8:00pm
Monday – Wednesday: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Thursday – Saturday: 9:00am – 8:00pm